If you are planning to sell your Kingstowne home soon, you are likely thinking of ways to increase its value.
One of the most common questions I get from my clients is “How can I increase my home’s value?”
How to choose the best project When you want to boost your home value, the best answer is to update and renovate your house. There are many home projects you can do like upgrading the kitchen, renovating the bathroom, adding a bathroom, installing a deck, and more.
However, there’s a caveat. Home renovation cost a bit of money and not all remodelling projects pay off.
How will you know what’s the best project to undertake? This is where I can help you.
As your real estate agent, I can give you the best advice on what home improvement projects will pay off for your home. Together, we can decide on the best home updates that will add features buyers love and increase your home’s value.
Years and years of working with buyers has taught me what they want and I will use that knowledge to help set your home in the best light so that it stands out and impresses buyers.
If you will be moving out and selling the house soon, some general sprucing up and cleaning can do wonders for the house. Minor updates don’t cost a lot but can go a long way in making the house look amazing.
Here are some affordable updates you can do.
1. General home repairs. The moment you decide to sell your house in Kingstowne is the moment you should start listing down the basic repairs the house needs.
Most buyers prefer move-in ready homes. They’ve just spent a lot of money on buying a house, so any possible repair projects may turn them off.
Fix the broken window, replace the leaky faucet, reinforce the kitchen cabinet, do all the minor repairs needed to get your house ready for sale.
2. Paint it. When the necessary repairs have been completed, it is time to paint. Painting is one of the most cost-effective ways to beautify the home and increase its value.
Choose neutral colors to paint your home. As much as you would love to paint your living room that vibrant red, restrain yourself and go for something that is classic and simple. Neutral toned colors are easy on the eyes and make the home look more inviting and spacious.
3. Update the light fixtures. An easy way to give the home a new look is to update the light fixtures. Not only does getting new light fixtures add more life to the living space it also makes the room appear brighter.
4. Add storage spaces. Most buyers prefer homes with storage spaces. Cramped storage spaces are a major turn off. Adding a closet space in the bedroom or several storage areas in the garage will go a long way in making your home more functional.
5. Update your kitchen. If there is one room in your house you should update, it is the kitchen. Small, cost-effective renovations like replacing an old and worn out countertop or installing new floor tiles will make your kitchen look modern and well-maintained.
6. Upgrade the bathroom. Next to the kitchen, the bathroom is the second room in the house that increases the home’s value when updated. If you have a stained old sink, it is time to get a new one. You can also make the bathroom look new by applying fresh caulk and grout.
7. Add a low maintenance landscape. Create a great first impression and add value to your home by improving your landscape. Landscaping is one the three most effective home improvements that have the biggest returns.
There are so many more home selling tips I can share with you. So before you start taking out any walls and making home updates, give me call so I can help you decide on the best updates that will increase your home value.
When you need a real estate agent with superior local knowledge, professionalism, and outstanding service to help with all your real estate needs, call me, Amanda Davidson, at 703-431-3755.
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view How Can I Increase My Kingstowne VA Home’s Value? on my YouTube channel: