Unique Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day
With Valentine's Day fast approaching, you're probably considering what to do to celebrate with your special someone. If you're tired of the cliche dinner and a movie date, this post is definitely for you! Why not try something unique this year? As long as you're in the company of someone you admire, that's all that matters. Check out some cool ideas you maybe hadn't thought of, below:
If you're the artsy type:
- Unleash your creative side with your partner at Paint Night – Alexandria. Paint Night events are held at local bars and restaurants and feature a painting of your choice for you to recreate with the help and guidance from a professional artist. You can sip drinks or munch on appetizers from the local venue as well!
If your'e a fitness buff or just simply feeling adventurous:
- You and your honey can reach new heights at SportRock – Alexandria and take a rock climbing class together. SportRock has classes for all, no matter what your level of fitness is, so no worries!
If you're looking for something a little more sweet:
- You and your significant other can take a Champagne and Sweets Tour – DC at the O Street Mansion. The tour includes a glass of champagne or sparkling cider, fresh baked cookies and brownies, a treasure hunt, and an exploration of the historical DC mansions winding hallways and themed rooms!
If you're a wine lover:
- If you and your darling love wine and are willing to wait until the weekend, you can check out the 50 Shades of Rose Wine Festival – DC on February 16th or 17th at at The French Embassy. The event includes unlimited samplings of over 100 wines, access to culinary seminars where you can learn how to cook sultry dishes and sip wine like a pro, as well as live music and entertainment!
If music is what makes your heart content:
- If you enjoy R&B music from the late 90's and early 2000's, you and your love will definitely enjoy the Valentine's Love Jam- Fairfax, a concert featuring R&B legends like Tyrese, Dru Hill, SWV, and more at the EagleBank Area on Saturday, February 17th!
If laughter is the key to your heart:
- If you love to laugh and you don't want to break the bank, you'll love $5 Comedy Night - Falls Church where the areas favorite comedians come together for a fun night of local comedy. You can enjoy this show at 8pm on Friday, the 16th.
Hopefully we've given you some inspiration to think outside the box and do something unique this Valentine's Day.
If you have any unique ideas, feel free to share them in the comments.